Friday 12 August 2016

Introducing

This is my first blog post in a few years. I started a blog when I left school and was coming out of a bad relationship. Now I hope this blog can be a positive outlet for another turbulent time in my life.

I have been out of work now for a couple of months. I was working in a coffee shop, which was an okay job. I had to leave as I was having panic attacks, so bad that each day was a new hell. I have always had pretty terrible social anxiety. I hate being in big crowds, unfortunately I live in a busy seaside town so there is no escape. I do miss the winter as the town is deserted and so are the beaches, I love nothing more than to walk on a icy cold day here in england.

I'd describe myself as being quite restless. I'm never really to content doing one thing for too long. I like to move on fast. I haven't been out of work since my early teens. I've always had the odd job, whether that be part time or full time. So really this is the first break I've had in a long time.
I'm always reading, researching or writing in some form. My biggest influences are those of the beat movement, Burroughs, Kerouac, Bukowski, Fante. I love the down and out tales, the never say die attitude and grit, living in shit and just scraping by. It seems a world away from the luxuries and accessories we all consume today.

This first post has been a brief introduction to me, I will probably post daily content that will include book/film reviews, playlists, gig reviews and just my daily activities. If you'd like to know more about me, check out my tumblr        http://considermelost.tumblr.com/

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment